Middle-aged Mormon Man

Middle-agedMormonMan

Thursday, October 23, 2008

I really am still alive...seriously...

I know, I know....I promised to do better, and I haven't kept that promise...yet...But I will...hopefully...soon....
My last post I copied off of my cousin Katrina's blog, and I think the one before that I gave the excuse that I was busy canning peaches, and now my excuse is EVERYTHING, because I'm sure you are all doing nothing....

But here's my last month or two in a paragraph:
made 14 jars peach jam
bottled 8 quarts peaches
bottled 14 quarts peaches
bottled 35 quarts peaches
bottled 10 quarts peaches
bottled 38 quarts peaches
bottled 6 quarts tomatos
packaged 140 ears of corn to freeze (yes, all grown from our garden :)
bottled 14 pints salsa
bottled 12 pints salsa
bottled 20 jars zucchinni relish
picked abt 300# apples
dehydrated 32# apples (should have weighed after, probably turned into, like 2 lbs!)
Made 27 jars of applesauce
Moved 150# of apples to garage to can later...
Picked over 125# green tomatoes out of my garden before they froze to can as they ripen & make green enchilada sauce
Wonder if Trick-or-Treaters would enjoy green tomatos
Bottled 48 jars grape juice
Cleaned my house about 600 times
Wondered why my house is still a mess...
Changed somewhere in the vicinity of 700 diapers
Potty-trained Zac
Wondered how 17 month old Zoe would re-act to potty-training...
Unloaded the dishwasher 100 times
Loaded the dishwasher 127 times
Wondered if disposable dishes are really THAT bad for the environment...
Did 8 bazillion loads of laundry
Got a new washer and dryer (I guess 8 bazillion loads is too much for 1 machine to handle...)
Wondered if joining a nudist colony would cut back on laundry...
Planned YW Evening of Excellence
Decided nudist colony is a "no-go" after hearing Stake YW Presidents beautiful talk...
Substituted in the Church Nursery 8 times
had family scripture study 55 times
had Family Home Evening 9 times
slept too little
yelled too much

And I think that about covers it. So, until my next post (which, at the rate I'm going, will be another excuse of some sort in a month or so...) hope you are all well & happy!

15 comments:

Suzanne said...

Brenda --- How do you know how to do all that stuff? And are ALL the fruits & veggies from your garden? All I can say is, "WOW!" BTW, what IS zucchini relish? What do you eat it on/make with it?
I loved your comments about Trick or Treaters & green tomatoes, BUT unless you want them THROWN at your house, I might refrain from passin' them out! :)
I also laughed out loud at the disposable dishes & nudist colony comments!! SO true & funny!

Brenda Campbell Hansen said...

The peaches and apples are from our neighbors trees, but the rest is from our garden (that really doesn't leave much else). Hopefully our peach trees will produce gazillions of peaches next year, but I think they might die (didn't spray for bores in time...argh!) Zuchinnini relish is alot like pickle relish, (which I never liked) but made with zuc instead of cucumbers, and it's really good to eat with hotdogs, bratwursts, crackers, etc, but our favorite way to eat it is to pour it over a brick of softened cream cheese and then use it as a dip for crackers or tortilla chips. Sounds disgusting, but is DELICIOUS! Thanks for the green tomato halloween warning. I guess I shall refrain from passing them out.

Heather said...

HELLO BRENDA!! You made my day by discovering my blog and then even more when I read your blog! YOU REALLY ARE AMAZING!! Evening of Excellence was AWESOME! It was so beautiful and I think it definately made an impact on the girls! (and their Moms!) Your blog is awesome, I can't wait to look around! I needed a good giggle and you provided it for me! LOVE THE TUNES, by the way!! I LOVE YAZ! Thanks for finding me!
Ruby is dying for a playdate as well! SHE ADORES ALYSSA!! Kiss all those gorgeous babies for me! Talk to you soon!!
:) Heather

Briana said...

Wow you have been way busy! YOu have bottled sooo many things! AWESOME!

Ruuddudes said...

Holy Crap! And I thought I was busy! I think when the world ends, you should bring all your food storage to my house. We can be roommates...:) Good job obedient one. And I LOVE the nudist idea. Hmmm Except that I'd hate to hear the comments Bridger and Brig would come up with if they saw me naked... (Brig pulled the shower curtain back on me yesterday while I was showering and he started laughing as he pointed ~ you know ~ down THERE, and he said, "Ha Ha! You have a funny wing-ding!" Thanks, baby! Hope you don't have a memory of THAT in 20 years! :)

Deb-t said...

You were right about the peach smoothies...they are GO GOOD! THey are by far mine and Matt's favorite smoothies to make.
I love your post! It is so whirl-windy and spastic just like you and you are so witty with what you come up with!

Allie said...

Brenda, you practically ARE a canary! You go girl! Those dehydrated apples you gave my mom at sister's night were so so so good! She shared some with me!

Karmen said...

I don't think Allie meant you were a small, yellow bird...I think she meant cannery and boy, is she right! I thought that I canned a lot...I mostly gave my stuff away because I ran out of time and jars! Thanks for another good read...oh, and you forgot to stop by and pick up pumpkins from my patch...

Katrina said...

Holy cow, that is a lot of canning. And I get proud when I can 6 jars of tomatoes. You are pretty amazing.

Katrina said...

By the way, I like your nudist colony idea.

Tiff George said...

Ha ha...Brenda you are a crack-up! I love how you word things, too! I gobbled up those dehydrated apples so fast and crave them now - the store-bought ones are just not as good as yours!

val said...

I should have read this the other day when I was so grouchy, and I would have been laughing my head off instead! SO fun to read, Lulu! So amazed by the things you got canned... I still haven't learned how to do that stuff! I've never thought of the nudist colony thing....but maybe the pioneer days of having 2 outfits. One for church and one for the rest of the week! Not as much laundry and time to get other stuff done! Way fun to read. I think I'll go do it again!

k8shoe said...

You are an inspiration! I need to get my behind in gear!

Kally said...

Good Job Brenda, you are SO amazing to me that you can do all that stuff. I love the way you word things you are totally hilarious! Love it!

Kitty said...

That is a lot of stuff Brenda! That is AWESOME!

Check Out My Guestbook!