Middle-aged Mormon Man

Middle-agedMormonMan

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Seven-Year Itch




Travis and I just celebrated our seventh anniversary. When I've mentioned to people that this anniversary was our "seventh" there has been several "Uh-Oh's" and "Oh-no's" and raised eyebrows saying, "The seventh year, huh? You better watch out! Do you got the itch?" Well here's my answer: Yes! I've got the seven-year itch! And I've got it BAD!!!!! I'm itchin' for another 7 years with my sweet honey-baby! And I'll scratch and claw my way, if I have too, to get it, because I never knew life could be so good! And when those 7 years are up, give me 7 more, and 7 more....For those of you who don't know my Travis, he is the most amazing person I have ever known. He has a heart of pure gold. But not the cold, hard kind of gold, but warm, smooth, liquid gold. He is so kind and gentle and amazing. He is what he is. He's not fake or pretentious. He loves me completely. Just as I am. Imperfections and all. He can wrap his arms around me when I'm sad or mad or scared or psychotic, and that warm, liquid gold oozes over me, and all my crazy emotions melt away, and I'm normal again...and life is good...and everything is fine. Thanks, baby, for the best 7 years of my life...I'm itchin' for an eternity of sevens with you...

16 comments:

Mindy said...

You guys are so cute :) I love ya lots.

Deb-t said...

That was by far the sweetest thing I have ever read! I love that you adore your sweet hubby so dang much! He is so good to you, isn't he? I can't believe it's already been seven years?! You guys rock!

val said...

Lu, that was so sweet! You did get a super guy with that Travis! Congratulations on the happy anniversary! I loved the way you wrote this!

Katrina said...

Brenda, Happy Anniversary! It's nice to hear someone talk so sweetly about their husband. Congratulations! I love his name too. I love Travises.

Allie said...

Good for you guys!

Kitty said...

What did you do for your aniverssary?

Tiff George said...

What a cute post - love this! Trav is awesome, and we're so glad you found him, too! I only hope when we get to 7 years, I'm as happy as you two are. Love ya!

val said...

Brenda, this picture is GORGEOUS! No wonder the one boy said so at the reunion!!!! tee-hee!

Tiff George said...

Holy cow - Brenda you are a model! This picture of you is simply gorgeous!!

Kitty said...

You guys are a beeautiful couple! And Brenda, you are really really really pretty! Travis, yo uare pretty darn hansome!

Ruuddudes said...

Awwww! This post is wonderful! And we think Trav is wonderful, too! And you LOOK wonderful on top of all that! Yeah for you! Love you guys! Can't wait to see you in 4 days!

Karmen said...

Wow! I really should write up something nice about Brian...maybe later! That's such a nice post! And you're a babe to go with it!

Sondra said...

Oh Brenda! How wonderful!

I didn't know you were a blogging woman! What a beautiful family you have and what a beautiful cousin you are! I saw your precious little Zoe on Val's blog winning Kory's heart. You are certainly blessed. I love you!

Kally said...

Brenda you are gorgeous in this picture, I am so happy for you guys to be married for 7 years. You guys are so cute together, love the picture. Happy Anniversary.

val said...

Hello Lulu, where are you-you? I know, there's alot of other things to do, but don't you know I can't survive without knowing what you are doing??? I'm being a blog beggar today...quit paying attention to those kids, and give me some! :) Miss ya!

tawnja said...

I had tears in my eyes as I read this entry of yours. Again, beautiful us of the language! I'm right there with you. Did you know that in Hebrew, the number 7 denotes completeness or wholeness? That makes your blog entry mean even more. I'm hoping we all get an eternity of sevens with our lovies!

Check Out My Guestbook!