Middle-aged Mormon Man

Middle-agedMormonMan

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Dishing the dirt...

WHERE ARE YOU, SPRING????

Got my planters ready, but I'm afraid to plant them all up...it's been so cold. Three new fruit trees--Hooray! Another pear (to replace my Mother's Day pear tree that got clobbered by wild monkeys last year ;-), and a plum, and a nectarine. We already have 2 peach trees (see my post from last August) and another pear that survived the wild monkeys).


Look at my beautiful garden, just waiting to be planted....look at my weird, alienesque shadow...wish my legs were that long...


My hunk-a-hunk-hunkuvuhman tilled it all up, added compost, and tilled it again...until he got rained out...but isn't it bee-yooo-tee-full???!!!

Today was actually a lovely spring day...I hope the crazy cold is on it's way out...I need to get playing in the dirt!!!!

11 comments:

Sondra said...

Oh me too! I love a well tilled garden just waiting to be planted. I need to buy and plant a few fruit trees. I have none. How big is your lot? I can't wait to see your garden later in the summer. Love you Brenda!

erika said...

I love how big your garden is?
I miss having one!

Karmen said...

Oh yeah, I remember now...when we were all saying our favorite things (chocolate; sleeping kids; artichokes; beaches...) you said, "freshly tilled dirt"! Love it!

Kally said...

If you lived in St. George, then you could already have all your plants planted. HINT HINT.

Suzanne said...

I'll take your "over-abundance" from the garden...That's how I garden - everyone's desparate to give it away and I'll willingly take! :)

Allie said...

We started planting peas in our garden!! We had to use a tiller too. I hope it gets warmer SOON! Love ya!

Deb-t said...

You go, sister! I think I will try to plant something this year too. I am not a green-thumber like you but I will give it a shot! You are always so good to plant and harvest and can. Way to go!

val said...

OH, it looks lovely! How I wish I knew how to garden, had a place to, and a husband who wanted to too! I've got to learn how to do this asap! Hopefully the cold goes away for you!

Tracy Beckett said...

Beautiful stuff, Brenda! I love this time of the year-it is the best! Good luck with all of your planting.

Katrina said...

Brenda, I am pretty jealous about your beautiful garden area and all the new fruit trees. I love fruit trees, but I don't have one yet. We have planted a peach tree, and it broke before it every produced anything. And we have planted a pear tree, and it never gets anything but tiny little pears that never even get bigger than 1/2 of an inch long. I have been told it needs another pear tree of the oposite gender planted nearby so it can polinate. I'm not sure if this is true or not. But I wish my neighbor would plant one just in case.

We haven't had a garden for a few years because we haven't wanted to spend the time it takes. But we sure do miss it. Maybe this year we will plant a few things. I really miss the fresh veggies.

Tiff George said...

You guys are the best gardeners ever! Now that we finally have a yard, we're so excited to get started on a garden of our own, but we're kind of clueless as to what to do. Wish we lived closer to you so we could learn from the best! Love you and miss you!

Check Out My Guestbook!