Middle-aged Mormon Man

Middle-agedMormonMan

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Summer Wind Storm

Monday night, Travis' mom and dad and grandma came over for dinner. We were going to eat outside, when all of the sudden a big windstorm came up from nowhere. We all ran inside, and moments later, our gazebo blew away, crashed into the swing set, knocking it over and into the garden. It was blowing so hard, that it also blew a bunch of branches off of our big sycamore tree, and blew our corn so it is no longer upright, but was at an awkward 45 degree angle. It blew a bunch of our tomato plants over, but I think they are ok....grrr....I liked that gazebo!

This is the crooked corn 2 days AFTER the windstorm, so it's actually straightened up quite a bit. I think it's going to be fine.

Abbee and Zac walking amongst the tree debris...There were also a bunch of big branches that had fallen down, but Travis dragged them out for the garbageman to pick up.


This is the broken frame of my beloved gazebo.



Now it's just a jungle gym...


Waaaaaahhhhh!!!!!

6 comments:

Kitty said...

How sad! I like your new blog!

erika said...

Sorry about your stuff.Hope you can fix it!

val said...

Holy wind! The sideways corn stalks are funny! As long as they are ok, or else it wouldn't be so funny... And congrats on the new jungle gym!!! Actually, sorry about the gazebo, dang it! You are on a blog marathon...Woo hoo!!!

Allie said...

I am sorry about you precious Gazebo!

Briana said...

wow, that looks like you had a bad wind storm! To bad for your gazebo, but at least you have a jungle gym!

Karmen said...

And I thought Burley was the windiest place! I'm sorry about all the damage! At least it makes good pictures, right?!

Check Out My Guestbook!