Middle-aged Mormon Man

Middle-agedMormonMan

Friday, September 19, 2008

The POWER of...Obedience...

This is my cool nephew, Justin (Jennifer's boy). I came across a deal this week in Albertsons where you end up getting 6-32 oz. bottles of Powerade Zero for 14 cents plus tax. That's not 14 cents each, that's 6 bottles for 14 cents! So I emailed my family and told them how to do it, and told everyone to go stock up....and Justin was O! BE! DEE! ENT!!!!!
This is him with 150 cases of Powerade Zero. This is 2,250 bottles of powerade which would usually cost $3,577.50+tax, but he got for under $100.00. You curious? Here's how....Albertsons (in Utah, Idaho, and I think Nevada, don't know where else) should all have 32 oz. Powerade on sale for $0.69 a bottle. If you buy 6 Powerade ZERO's all at once and use your preferred card, then your total will come to $4.19 plus tax. Pay for it. After the cashier closes her drawer, then a $4 coupon will print off. Buy 6 more, use the coupon, and your total is right around $0.14 (it comes to about 39 cents, depending on your tax rate). Pay your whopping 39 cents, and buy 6 more, use your new coupon, and Viola! You've got cheaper than heck Powerade ZERO! You can use the $4 coupon to buy anything, it doesn't have to be for Powerade Zero only...So, buy 6 Powerade ZERO's at a time, and the sale ends on Tuesday, September 23rd. AND it HAS to be Powerade Zero...the coupon won't print out on regular Powerades. So go get your year's supply...

8 comments:

Kally said...

I still think that is awesome and that he bought that much. At lease he has a place to keep it. Keep letting us know those good deals Brenda.

Deb-t said...

I laughed so dang hard at Justin! Go Jut! That is by far the funniest thing in the world to do. Justin, if you read this, you have the best personality ever! You will never be thirsty again.
Brenda- I have yet to get up to Albertsons but Tracy probably already got them all from Tooele so I'll have to shop around. Thanks for telling us all about these great deals!

Sondra said...

Hey beautiful Brenda!

What a great picture of Jennifer's handsome boy! He obviously is a very motivated and sharp guy! What fun! I love you!

val said...

I'm so glad you posted this, it is the best story I've heard, and the world needs to hear it! I'm glad Jut tooks pics and is sharing this adventure with us all! Thanks for letting us in on all the good deals too!!!

Katrina said...

Oh look how big and manly Justin is! Wow, where does time go. Thanks for the poweraid info. I have never tried it. But it would be a good food storage thing. I wonder how long it took Justin to buy those. He must have been quite dedicated.

Suzanne said...

I think I'm thirsty!! Seriously, I LOVE deals! Did Justin spend his whole day going through and re-going through the check out line or did he do it on different days? I'm out of town right now, so I'm probably going to miss this one - let me know of others you figure out.

Karmen said...

Justin is quite the entrepreneur, isn't he? I can just see him as a millionaire businessman in a few years...

Ruuddudes said...

GO JUT! You are THE MAN! If the world ends anytime soon, we can share food storage. You bring the powerade and I'll bring the wheat. We can throw the wheat at all the thirsty idiots trying to steal your yummy powerade!!! (What else CAN you do with wheat?!?!)

Check Out My Guestbook!