Middle-aged Mormon Man

Middle-agedMormonMan

Thursday, September 11, 2008

I've been busy...

Just a quick post to let you know we ARE all alive and well, I've just been busy! (as I'm sure all of you aren't...) I only have one word to say....PEACHES!!!!! It's THAT time of the year! I have almost 200 lbs of peaches and have been busy trying to get them all canned before the fruit flys totally take over my house. They have invaded, but I have fought back by hanging fly ribbons around my kitchen. A few of them have succumbed to the temptation of a beautiful brown swirly sticky ribbon and are now stuck...but many are still resisting the sticky goo...I'd like to stay and post more, but...
MUST.........CAN........PEACHES!!!!!

10 comments:

Doney Days said...

You're so cute! Peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream sounds really good to me right now and I can't figure out why. Hmmmm.... :)

Allie said...

You are so funny Brenda! Have fun eating them all... :)

Deb-t said...

Aw, shucks! If I had someone to can peaches with me (because I don't know how myself) I'd be doing it too! I wish I were there with you! You're too blasted domestic, Brenda!
Love you!

val said...

Me too, Deb! I always want canned peaches, I've never done it before and need to come hang out with you next time you do it and LEARN! Good for you! Um, I would pay big money for a few jars if you are into selling them, Lulu?!~

Ruuddudes said...

Me THREE! I just freakin' wish I could grow SOMETHING here TO CAN! We planted a garden & I think we've only gotten 5 good ears of corn off it and 2 tomatoes. It is already freezing some nights, too, so they are probably all dead by now anyway. I just wish I could come & can SALSA with you!!!!

Suzanne said...

Well, aren't you just the "Becky Home Ec-y!" My job growing up was always to cut the skins off and de-pit after my mom had boiled them (or whatever you do.) So, I wouldn't know how to CAN them, either. I make a YUMMY Creamy Peach Dessert every year at this time with the peaches anyone with a peach tree gives me. You should try it! I don't know enough about blogging - is there a limit on the length of a comment? The recipe might not fit here?!?

Katrina said...

Hi Brenda. I wish I could help you with your peaches. I sure do love peaches. My friend gave me enough of her peaches to make a pie. It was delicious! I should have planted a peach tree.

Karmen said...

All these wonderful comments about peaches...WELL I HATE THEM right now! I, too, have lots of peaches and no time to can them. I've only bottled one batch! I'm glad you're taking the time...

Tiff George said...

Oh what I would give to have a jar or two of some freshly-canned peaches! Someday I WILL have fruit trees, and someday I WILL learn how to can them! Enjoy some of 'em for me!

Kitty said...

Mmmm. Yummy Peaches!

Check Out My Guestbook!